Invigilation Guidelines for Schools and Businesses
The invigilator is responsible for upholding the integrity of the external
assessment and ensuring proper conduct of the examination. The invigilator
must also ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate
Responsibilities of the Invigilator
Before the external assessment, the invigilator must arrive
in good time to ensure that:-
- 1The assessment room is correctly set up with a sign on the outside
indicating that an assessment is in progress.
- 2The assessment room has appropriate conditions conducive to sitting an
examination – i.e. appropriate heating, lighting, ventilation and level of
- 3He/she is aware of the location of the nearest toilet.
- 4The seating plan is appropriate.
- 5He/she is aware of the location of the nearest toilet.
- 6The seating plan is appropriate.
- 7All computers are in place and in good working order and that an eLearning
technologist is present, in order to deal with any technical issues
that may arise. Spare computers must be available in the room should
they be required.
- 8A reliable clock, large enough for all to read is visible to all candidates.
- 9All learners must sign the Candidate Register Form on entering the
- 10Adequate checks are conducted to confirm the identity of all candidates –
photo I.D. is essential.
- 11Any unauthorised items/materials/equipment, including mobile phones
(switched off), are out of reach of candidates.
- 12The establishment has made appropriate reasonable adjustments for
candidates with particular assessment requirements PRIOR to the
assessment date, and these are made known to the invigilator.
During the assessment, the invigilator must:-
- 1Supervise the candidates and give their complete attention to their
duties whilst the assessment is in progress.
- 2Be vigilant and remain aware of emerging situations, looking out for
cheating and malpractice or candidates who may be feeling unwell. Any
irregularities must be recorded.
- 3Move around the assessment room quietly and at frequent intervals.
- 4Must have access to a mobile phone (switched to silent), in order to
summon help, should they need to without leaving the room.
On successfully achieving the set pass mark, the candidate will automatically receive a congratulatory message and once you ‘Generate the Certificate’ in your admin panel, they will be emailed a co-branded digital Certificate and a digital credential badge to showcase their quality skill externally via the web – i.e. social media profiles, C.V.’s and job application forms. This badge may take up to 28 days to be emailed, as it is dependent on the City & Guilds processing department. Should you / the candidate wish to purchase a hard copy of their certificate, you / they will need to purchase it via the KAZ Web shop.
Copyright KAZ Type Limited 2018. KAZ is a registered trade mark of KAZ Type Limited.
Developed by : STERNIC Pvt. Ltd.